[asterisk-users] CDR and Billing Issue

Dovid B asteriskusers at dovid.net
Mon Apr 30 11:37:21 MST 2007

Hi Guys,
I am having an issue that I have been able to replicate and I want to know if anyone else has this.
Extension 100 dials an external number. He speaks for 5 minutes and then transfers the call to extension 200. Extension 200 speaks for 1 hour. When we go through the call logs we see the five minute call to the external number from extension 100. We then see a call from extension 100 to extension 200 for 1 hour. The issue we are having is that we are billing the clients (100 and 200 are both the same client as ours) for calls only that hit the PSTN and not internal calls. The issue comes in that if the call is transfer from one extension to another since we see it as a call from one extension to another we assume that  it is an internal call. Is there any way to "fix asterisk" so that it doesn't do this, am I doing some thing wrong or do all calls have to be attended transfers ? (We don't want to tell this to the clients because then they will figure out the loop hole).

Thanks a lot.

Dovid