[asterisk-users] Voicemail on Different Server

Remco Post remco at pipsworld.nl
Sun Apr 29 02:47:02 MST 2007

Eric Germann wrote:
> How do you handle transfering vmail from one user to another when they're on
> separate servers?

I'd have a look at:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+Voicemail+ODBC+storage

Having voicemail stored in a database solves all kinds of potential
locking problems. I guess (never played with it) that voicemail messages
are accessable from all * servers that have access to that table.

> I'm using the single vmail server, mounted NFS partition for this right now.
> I'd love to be able to have them standalone so they're survivable when the
> WAN collapses, but I haven't figured out transfer.
>
> EKG

Remco Post

"I didn't write all this code, and I can't even pretend that all of it
makes sense." -- Glen Hattrup