[asterisk-users] Unable to find a codec translation path from ilbcto ulaw

Oliver Brandt oliver_mlisten at gmx.de
Sat Apr 28 07:31:02 MST 2007

Hi Stelios!

Thank you very much for you reply!

> Does your phone support ilbc as a codec ?
Definately. By using to phones and forcing them to use iLBC I can make
calls from one phone to the other. The gateway provider does not support
iLBC and so * has to do the conversion to ulaw. I've also put a
test setup togther with to phones connected to *. One is beeing forced
to use iLBC the other to use ulaw. I get the following message:

[Apr 28 16:12:40] WARNING[25512]: chan_sip.c:2841 sip_call: No audio
format found to offer. Cancelling call to fritz_kiel_oliver2

> Is the codec_ilbc loaded on the * box ?

I'm sure the problem is that the ilbc or/and the ulaw codec are not
beeing loaded. I've googled for ever to find out how to load a codec but
all I found were aticles telling me the * is doing the conversion
automaticall.

Do I also need to load a translator from ilbc to ulaw? How do I do that?

Thank you very much again!

Oliver