[asterisk-users] Re: Voicemail on Different Server, Voicemail with NFS

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 10:28:32 MST 2007

>I was afraid of an unavailable NFS mount hanging the app and I also
>wanted to keep all of the communication over IAX for simplicity sake.  I
>also hacked together my own "MWI over IAX".  I did write ups of how I
>did both.
>
>http://opensourcemadness.blogspot.com/2007/03/centralizing-asterisk-voic
>email.html
>http://opensourcemadness.blogspot.com/2007/03/propagating-asterisk-mwi-a
>cross.html
>
>- Jeremy

Nice hack.  This would work better in remote a server application,
different subnets, locations.  I like it, I'm adding to my bag of
tricks.  If you would, please post links on the wiki page for remote
vocemail/mwi.

Using NFS works great in a Cluster arrangement, all servers on the
same subnet, location.  I'll add to the wiki as well.

Thanks.

JR
--
JR Richardson