[asterisk-users] Too many open files, asterisk crash

Rilawich Ango maillisting at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 01:28:54 MST 2007

Thanks for your reply.

What I ready do is:
add ulimit -n 65535 in safe_asterisk
increase value to 203380 in /proc/sys/fs/file-max
Both actions don't help much for the file descriptor growing.

What I want to know is:

Do I need to reboot if I insert the following in /etc/security?
*               -       nofile          65535

Can I identify or remove the file descriptors, which are unused, shown in lsof?

Can I reload some modules to reduce the unused file descriptor instead
of restart?