[asterisk-users] AsteriskNOW generation of zapata.conf file

Malcom Kemp mkemp at tecinfo.net
Thu Apr 26 11:48:03 MST 2007

From: Malcom Kemp Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 11:19 AM
To: 'asterisk-users at lists.digium.com'
Subject: AsteriskNOW generation of zapata.conf file

I am a new user of Asterisk, and an trying to use AsteriskNOW.  The test
system is dual processor, so I am using the beta 4 version.  I am
currently trying to manually configure, as the GUI does not seem to let
me accomplish what I need.  In the book "Asterisk, the Future of
Telephony", they show the configuration of fxo/fxs card to include a
context directive.  Specifically they show:

Context=internal

Signalling=fxo_ks

Channel => 1

Context=incoming

Signalling=fxs_ks

Channel => 2

If I set this up in the Zapata.conf file, and then restart the server,
the context= lines seem to be removed.

Can someone tell me how this process works? The Zapata.conf file has the
statement that changes should be made to the Zapata.conf.zapscan, but my
file does not reference these two channels at all.

Thanks for the help.  If this is the wrong list, perhaps someone will
direct me to the proper place.