[asterisk-users] Two devices registrating same extension

Dave Miller justdave at mozilla.com
Thu Apr 26 10:50:35 MST 2007

Philipp Kempgen wrote on 4/26/07 12:53 PM:
> Frederico Madeira wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to asterisk manage multiple devices registration with
>> same extension ?
>> When asterisk receive a call for that extension, it send call to all
>> devices registered with that extension, and rtp go to first one that
>> answer the call.
>
> Not really but I think what you are looking for is just
> something like
> exten => 10,1,Dial(SIP/15&SIP/16&SIP/17)
>
> Or you could put them in a queue with strategy=ringall.

Might be worth pointing out that the sip device name is not an extension
number.  A lot of folks (particularly the web-based config editors) seem
to do that by default, and it confuses people into thinking the device
names are the extension number. You could just as easily make them
SIP/george or SIP/harry.  We started out with one of those web-based
systems that named them all with the extension number, so when we
started needing additional devices for the same extension (like
softphones) we just started tacking suffixes on them.  SIP/204 and
SIP/204soft for example.

--
Dave Miller                                   http://www.justdave.net/
System Administrator, Mozilla Corporation      http://www.mozilla.com/