[asterisk-users] call dispatching - legacy application

Time Bandit timebandit001 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 06:21:18 MST 2007

> need to preprocess
> 1) incoming call get caller id lookup some info in my db,
> 2) based on the result dispatch the call to the right operator
>
> step 1 is ok I developped a small .php script that connect manager and
> parse events, now I have to tell AAH do dispatch call to the right
> operator
>From your incoming context, call an AGI and pass it the CallerID. In
the AGI, query your DB to find your destination then set an Asterisk
variable with the destination. In your dialplan, take that destination
and dial it. Something like

exten => s,1,Answer   ; Answer the line
exten => s,n,Wait,1
exten => s,n,AGI(aginame.php,${CALLERID(num)})
exten => s,n,Dial(Local/${MYDESTINATION})
exten => s,n,Hangup()

N.B.: Code not tested and written from the top of my head

N.B.2: Since you're using AAH, you should put that in extension_custom.conf

Also, have a look at the PHPAGI class : http://phpagi.sourceforge.net/

hth