[asterisk-users] IAX channel unreliable with multiple hops

Chetan Vaity chetanv at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 00:21:05 MST 2007

Hi,

My problem is related to a bug in the Asterisk bug database:
 (Bug 2773) http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=2773

Essentially, when one has a call going over more than one IAX legs,
the audio is not transferred *sometimes*. This is quite randomly
observed. With "notransfer=yes", the problem goes away.

In my situation, the IAX channels originate from 2 Asterisk servers
themselves - there are no thrid party IAX clients/phones in the
picture - so ideally the "notransfer" option shouldn't be making any
difference.
I am running Asterisk 1.2.12.

I would like to know if anyone else is facing a similar problem.

Also, I would like to know how to reopen the issue.

Thanks,
- Chetan