[asterisk-users] Polycom Provisioning Problems

Jim Freeze asterisk at freeze.org
Wed Apr 25 13:36:33 MST 2007

Hello

I am having some difficulties provisioning a set of polycom 501 phones,
while another set of phones are working just fine.

My Asterisk box is dual homed. On one network, where the asterisk box
runs dhcpd and there are only phones, provisioning works as expected.

However, for phones that are connected thru the other interface (and
receive their IP address from a separate router), they are not provisioning.
To add to the confusion, it seems that they fail in inconsistent ways.

Even after specifying the FTP server address, name and password, these
phones will complain that they cannot connect to the server, and begin loading
the stored configuration. In addition,
when they come up, their dates are set to Jan 1, 2001. (I think I can fix this
by specifying the snmtp address, but the other phones seem to be able to find
the snmtp on their own.)

In inspecting the <MAC>-boot.log files, the phones that fail have CDP enabled,
while the phones that succeed have CDP disabled. I think this is
Continual Data Protection,
but don't see where to disable it on the phone interface. Is this a
cause of the failure?

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

--
Jim Freeze