[asterisk-users] dialplan / problem with extension-length > 1

Robert Lister robl at linx.net
Wed Apr 25 06:01:06 MST 2007

On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 01:21:40PM +0200, Michael Kamleitner wrote:
> hi community,
>
> I'm new to this list & asterisk in general, so let me first say thx to
> everybody involved in providing such great tools & ressources!!
>
> I'm currently trying to implement a simple voicebox-system.
> for demonstration purposes, I've successfully connected my cellphone via
> bluetooth using the current chan_cellphone-patch on the current SVN-version
> of asterisk. everything seems to work fine so far (great patch!)
>
> what I want to achieve:
>
> * incoming call arrives
> * asterisk/cellphone answers
> * caller is greeted (playback of my-intro)
> * caller enters an extension
> * caller is directly forwarded to the voicemail of entered extension

I think waitexten is only for getting one (optional) digit at a time,
for building IVR menus and things like that.

If the thing you want entering is non-optional or more than one digit,
you may be better off using the Read() command. See:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+Read

Example of:

exten => start,1,Read(agent,agent-user);

Plays the sound file "please enter your agent number, followed by the hash
key" and puts the result into the variable ${agent}

You can also set the maximum number of digits to read, and a timeout, etc.

Rob

--
Robert Lister   -   London Internet Exchange    -  http://www.linx.net/
robl at linx.net   -   tel: +44 (0)20 7645 3510    -  RL786-RIPE