[asterisk-users] dialplan / problem with extension-length > 1

Michael Kamleitner michael.kamleitner at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 04:21:40 MST 2007

hi community,

I'm new to this list & asterisk in general, so let me first say thx to
everybody involved in providing such great tools & ressources!!

I'm currently trying to implement a simple voicebox-system.
for demonstration purposes, I've successfully connected my cellphone via
bluetooth using the current chan_cellphone-patch on the current SVN-version
of asterisk. everything seems to work fine so far (great patch!)

what I want to achieve:

* incoming call arrives
* asterisk/cellphone answers
* caller is greeted (playback of my-intro)
* caller enters an extension
* caller is directly forwarded to the voicemail of entered extension

here's my dialplan for this scenario:

[demo]
exten => s,1,Answer                     ; Answer the line
exten => s,n,Set(TIMEOUT(digit)=5)      ; Set Digit Timeout to 5 seconds
exten => s,n,Set(TIMEOUT(response)=10)  ; Set Response Timeout to 10 seconds
exten => s,n(restart),BackGround(my-intro)        ; Play a congratulatory
message
exten => s,n,WaitExten(5)                       ; Wait for an extension to
be dialed.

exten => 1,1,Voicemail(1001,u)
exten => 2,1,Voicemail(1002,u)
exten => 9,1,Voicemail(1009,u)
exten => 10,1,Voicemail(1010,u)
exten => 11,1,Voicemail(1011,u)

now basically this seems to work - when I'm calling in, I can press 1-9 and
am connected to the right mailbox. however, apparantly this is only working
for extension with a length of 1! when I try to enter f.e. "11", asterisk
seems to get only the first digit and forwards mit to extension "1". somehow
it seems only the first digit is processed correctly...

I've no idea if this is a basic misunderstanding of the concept (sorry,
newbie...), or maybe just a particular problem I'm having with the cellphone
(however I tried both nokia 6630 & nokia n73 with the same results).

any help greatly appreciated, thx again!

michael