[asterisk-users] Voicemail on Different Server

Forrest Beck jonforrest.beck at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 17:27:54 MST 2007

I have two seperate systems at two different locations.  Each hosts
there own voicemail for their phones.

I have thought about just having all voicemail on one server.  Is the
best way to do this just through a dial app?

For example, if someone dials 1000 to check voicemail at site A.  The
dialplan will be something like this on Site A:

[context-for-phones-at-one-location]
exten => 1000,1,Dial(SIP/voicemailserver/${EXTEN})

Then on Site B where the voicemail is to be stored:

[context-for-incoming-voicemail]
exten => 1000,1,Voicemail(@vmcontext)
exten => o,1,Dial(SIP/siteAserver/receptionistextension

Can anyone think of draw backs to this?  One I can think of is I will
have to specify a extension to redirect 0 (for receptionist) back to
the Site A server.  I will also have to redirect all directory apps to
the voicemail server.

Does anyone do this?  How do you handle it?

Thanks.
--
***
Forrest Beck