[asterisk-users] auto load error in asterisk cli

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Apr 23 22:57:33 MST 2007

On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 09:33:13PM -0400, Eric Kosten wrote:
> Hello list.  My name is Eric Kosten, and I am new to Linux and asterisk  As
> a new user of asterisk and Linux I an having problems to some that might
> seem small, but these problems are such that I am not sure ware to look!
> 	 I managed to take care of some ownership issues, e.g. sip.conf and
> var/log/asterisk were not part of the asterisk user group.  If asterisk
> starts automatically, when I connect to the console the following happens:
>
> WARNING[2683]: db.c:67 dbinit: Unable to open Asterisk database
>
> if I shut asterisk down gracefully and then start it again, things run fine!
> Which database do I need to look for permissions on?  Are these permissions
> user, group or is this a case of this database not belonging to the asterisk
> group?

The Asterisk database is a Berekeley DB file which is normally in
/var/lib/asterisk/astdb .
Asterisk will try to create it if it does not exist.

> If autoloaded, I do not connect with vitelity which is my ip provider for
> voip service.
> I have googled the error part:
>
> Unable to open Asterisk database
>
> This is how I came to my conclusion of this possibly being a permissions or
> group membership issue.

Right.

If you still have problems, it wuld also help to state:

* Version of Asterisk you use
* Linux distribution

And in you case, also:

  ls -al /var/lib/asterisk