[asterisk-users] auto load error in asterisk cli

Eric Kosten ekosten at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Apr 23 18:33:13 MST 2007

Hello list.  My name is Eric Kosten, and I am new to Linux and asterisk  As
a new user of asterisk and Linux I an having problems to some that might
seem small, but these problems are such that I am not sure ware to look!
	 I managed to take care of some ownership issues, e.g. sip.conf and
var/log/asterisk were not part of the asterisk user group.  If asterisk
starts automatically, when I connect to the console the following happens:

WARNING[2683]: db.c:67 dbinit: Unable to open Asterisk database

if I shut asterisk down gracefully and then start it again, things run fine!
Which database do I need to look for permissions on?  Are these permissions
user, group or is this a case of this database not belonging to the asterisk
group?

If autoloaded, I do not connect with vitelity which is my ip provider for
voip service.
I have googled the error part:

Unable to open Asterisk database

This is how I came to my conclusion of this possibly being a permissions or
group membership issue.

Help is appreciated!

sincerely

Eric