[asterisk-users] chan_zap not compiling.

Jan du Toit Jan.du.Toit at decisionworx.com
Mon Apr 23 05:26:41 MST 2007

Hi all.

chan_zap not compiling, yes yes I know this sounds trivial but here me
out...

This morning I decided to upgrade to Asterisk 1.4.2 and Zaptel 1.4.1. I
successfully installed zaptel 1.4.1 and the card is picked up and
correctly configured.

ztcfg shows the following:
[root at zion root]# ztcfg -vv

Zaptel Version: 1.4.1
Echo Canceller: MG2
Configuration
======================

Channel map:

Channel 04: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 04)

1 channels configured.

And zttool shows no alarms. But when I compile Asterisk it does not
compile chan_zap. The funny thing is that 'make menuselect' shows that
one can compile it - [*] 16. chan_zap
I load the drivers (modprobe zaptel and modprobe wctdm) and I run
./configure before running make. But still no chan_zap.so

What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions?

Regards, Jan.