[asterisk-users] Pass-thru

Thomas Deillon Thomas.Deillon at smart-telecom.ch
Mon Apr 23 05:17:43 MST 2007

Hi all,

Here is my configuration: Phone ←→ Asterisk ←→ Gateway (SIP 2 PSTN)
In the Gateway (patton) I have in "codec order" G729 then G711

If the Phone use G729, I have a pass-thru in the Asterisk ... It's the main case.
But If I put G711 in the Phone, I want that the Asterisk try a G711 codec with the Gateway !! because in this case, it's G711 between the Phone and the Asterisk and G729 between the Asterisk and the Gateway.

Do you know if I can do something like this?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Thomas