[asterisk-users] RE: OT (a little): IPV6 Ramifications Article

Hans Witvliet hwit at a-domani.nl
Sun Apr 22 06:38:11 MST 2007

On Sat, 2007-04-21 at 11:30 -0700, Ira wrote:
> At 02:31 PM 4/19/2007, you wrote:
> >Fridge (sending snmp traps if a dork leaves the door open ;)
>
> But will it tell you when the person who put in the box that's
> holding the door open now slammed the door on that box instead of
> putting it in properly?

I remember some years ago at a netcool/omnibus training,
one of the other participants told that she was working for a consortium
of shopping centres in the UK.

And all of the frezers/cooling boxes had snmp interface's warning about
opendoors/fast temperature raises. The additional costs for the
interfaces and guaring software was returned within one month.
(because of the food that they didn't have to throw away)

That was about 6 years ago, so why not for the consumer market.

Actually, i would opt for a smelling sensor, for food left too long in
the fridge ;-)))

H.W.

--
pgp-id: 926EBB12
pgp-fingerprint: BE97 1CBF FAC4 236C 4A73  F76E EDFC D032 926E BB12