[asterisk-users] Exten Length

Arun Kumar arunvoip at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 03:23:51 MST 2007

Hi,

I've configured my exten.conf for few exten. But I'm curious to know how
long can be my exten like (exten => XXXXXXX.....). Is there any limit for
this or not. B'coz I've noticed one strange problem. I'm usnig snom300 as my
hard phone to make calls. when my exten length is 14 then calls goes immed.
without any problem but when I change length from 14 to 15 call goes but
when I dial 10 times I get only 1 or 2 connect (that is call never lends on
my server if length is 15) but if I change length to 14 then 10/10 connects.
any advice

thanks

arun