[asterisk-users] Softphone that supports central provisioning?

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Sat Apr 21 05:06:26 MST 2007

Tim Panton wrote:

> On 21 Apr 2007, at 03:21, Philipp Kempgen wrote:
>
>> Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

>>> Why would you want to do that?
>> Because you could provision softphones the way you provision hard
>> phones. Dynamic configuration through HTTP or even SIP messages.
>> That would really be great.
>>
>> I think it's a valid question and I've been searching for such
>> softphones as myself. They should be usable (so most of them fail)
>> and should work on a real OS (tm). And no Java please :)
>
> What's your objection to a softphone in java ?

Java is slow and the interface is always ugly and doesn't fit
into the window manager etc. you are used to. :-P I never understood
why I would use Java to write software when I could use C(++) or
when a script language would do.  The simple fact that people have
2 or 3 GHz doesn't mean that I have to burn them for nothing.
The only point may be portability. Do I miss something?

Regards,
  Philipp

--
amooma GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied - http://www.amooma.de
     Let's use IT to solve problems and not to create new ones.

Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer
Handelsregister: Neuwied B 14998