[asterisk-users] Softphone that supports central provisioning?

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Fri Apr 20 19:21:53 MST 2007

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 11:48:20AM -0400, James FitzGibbon wrote:
>> Has anyone found a softphone that supports pulling it's configuration from a
>> central server via TFTP/FTP/HTTP, much like hard desk phones use?
>
> Why would you want to do that?

Because you could provision softphones the way you provision hard
phones. Dynamic configuration through HTTP or even SIP messages.
That would really be great.

I think it's a valid question and I've been searching for such
softphones as myself. They should be usable (so most of them fail)
and should work on a real OS (tm). And no Java please :)

Regards,
  Philipp

--
amooma GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied - http://www.amooma.de
     Let's use IT to solve problems and not to create new ones.

Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer
Handelsregister: Neuwied B 14998