[asterisk-users] [OT] OMG Verizon is terrible

Stephen Bosch posting at vodacomm.ca
Fri Apr 20 11:25:37 MST 2007

Andrew Latham wrote:
> I make a habit of just buying hamburgers and stopping by the CO or hut
> where I see the vans.  I tell them that I am buying favors with food
> and they like it..   Its a lot of work but it helps...

This is by far the most effective way of getting something done with a
telco. And as for it being a lot of work? No more work than wasting
hours, days, or weeks waiting for a problem to get fixed properly or a

Remember -- in a lot of ILECs, the technicians are still union. More
often than not, they are none to happy with their corporate overlords
either. It is sensible and not too difficult to turn them into friends.

Cheers,

-Stephen-