[asterisk-users] Agents.conf feature replication using addqueuemember

Jordan Novak jnovak at logisticshealth.com
Fri Apr 20 07:23:15 MST 2007

I (have to) would like to move my agents out of agents.conf in
preparation for the deprecation of agentcallback login. Everyone I have
spoken to is upset about this but the functionality can be accomplished
in the dialplan and that is fine by me. I do have an issue with losing
the features contained in the agents.conf though. I have to have the
ackcall-yes working. All of my agents login on home phones and
cellphones. When a call get presented to them there is a possibilty that
their voicemail will answer before the queue timeout is reached. I fear
that may connect callers to the voicemail when it answers. We currently
get around this using the ackcall-yes which will wait for the caller to
press pound, which a voicemail will not do and therefore the call will
be put back in the queue. Other features that are important are the
recording(which can be done on the dialplan side) and the update cdr.
Both are important as the Monitor/mixmonitor will not name the file to
be assoicated with the agent and only agent related calls. IE: if you
have to look up the recording based on extension you will get personal
calls as well as queue calls. Updatecdr is invalueable for the same
reasons in the call detail records.
    Is anyone aware of a way to accomplish these things? Are any efforts
being made to replicate the missing features? I can deal with the cdr
and recordings, but the ackcall=yes is a show stopper!!!