[asterisk-users] Re: Trigger for unavailable SIP peer

Theo Band theo.band at xanadu-wireless.com
Thu Apr 19 10:34:57 MST 2007

Edoardo Serra wrote:
> I'm using zabbix (http://www.zabbix.com/) as a complete monitoring
> solution
>
> zabbix agent has the possibility to specify custom checks that are run
> as often as you wish
> (maybe an "asterisk -rx "sip show peers" | grep UNREACHABLE | wc -l")
> the output of the script is sent to zabbix server which can fire
> actions (email, sms, etc)
> in a very flexible manner
This works only if you run zabbix as a privileged user (the same as runs
asterisk, so probably root).
But this is still a polling solution, not event based as the OP wants.
I tried this approach with zabbix to get an overview of the amount of
active lines versus time. I did not succeed because of the permission
problem. I can only achieve it using a cron job and have the result read
by zabbix, which is not very elegant.

My 1 cent :-)