[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.2.16 - No Caller ID

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Wed Apr 18 10:31:54 MST 2007

I don't know where he got the bizarre "useincomingcalleridonzaptransfer"
option, but it does not exist as you can see below:

[root at pbx-1 ~]# grep useincomingcalleridonzaptransfer
/home/software/asterisk/asterisk-1.2.17/configs/zapata.conf.sample
[root at pbx-1 ~]#

Maybe the option is specific to BRIstuff patches to Zaptel.

You want the following before your FXO ports in /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf:

usecallerid=yes
callerid=asreceived

You will also want to watch the console when a call comes in to see if
there are any Caller*ID errors.

OCOSA ListAcct wrote:
> Giorgio,
>
> That does not work it just shows up as useincomingcalleridonzaptransfer....
>
> I set the following: callerid=useincomingcalleridonzaptransfer. Are you
> referring to something else like useincomingcalleridonzaptransfer=yes

> Otis Surratt Jr. / listacc at ocosa.com
> OCOSA Communications, LLC
> PH: 918.585.9882 x 205 Fax: 918.585.5857
> Visit Tulsa's Best Internet Data Center:
> http://www.ocosa.com/hosting/colo/index.asp
>

> Giorgio Incantalupo wrote:
>> Hi,
>> have you tried different values of callerid? Maybe setting
>> *useincomingcalleridonzaptransfer* to yes can help you.
>>
>> Giorgio Incantalupo
>>
>> OCOSA ListAcc wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> When I upgraded a while back the caller ID stop working I have tried
>>> everything and searched the lists no answer. Please help!!
>>>
>>> I have two pots lines coming into the Asterisk Box caller ID is set
>>> in the zapta.conf
>>>
>>> Here is what our zapata.conf looks like
>>>
>>> [channels]
>>>
>>> busydetect=1