[asterisk-users] Having trouble figuring this out...

Yuan LIU yliu11 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 17 22:09:29 MST 2007

>From: Brian William Kaplan <brian at equalslashed.net>
>Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 23:29:14 -0400
>
>Hello,
>
>I am using FastAGI and the AMI with Asterisk 1.2. Using the AMI I originate
>a call to a person.  I would like the person to be able to press  * to
>hangup or *9 to perform a certain function.  I was thinking I could make it
>hangup on * and then WAIT FOR DIGIT to see if 9 is pressed. I'm not able to
>get this to work. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can make this happen?
>Basically, I want the callee to be able to press *9 to block a caller from
>calling the toll free line.

I think the logic is botched in a normal bridged call.  You cannot hang up a
call and expect one party to continue interact with the sytem, because
Asterisk is not a party.

But I imagine it might be possible if you bring both parties into a
conference, then use * to disconnect the one you want to rid, and let the
other party press more buttons.

Hope this helps.

Yuan Liu