[asterisk-users] Connection between Asterisk - Cisco 2851

Lee Pedder lee.pedder at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 13:46:10 MST 2007

It's easy to create SIP trunks between * and CCM, but you can also
create them between cisco voice gateways and asterisk too.

Here is an example of a simple dial peer that routes inbound calls
with specific destination numbers to an Asterisk server:

dial-peer voice 1 voip
 description ## Inbound VoIP dial-peer to Asterisk ##
 destination-pattern 88..
 voice-class codec 1
 session protocol sipv2
 session target ipv4:192.168.0.16
 dtmf-relay rtp-nte

If you don't need to use call damager for some other reason, then it's
not required to use a Cisco router as a good quality PSTN gateway.

Good luck!