[asterisk-users] voicemail - "digits/1F does not exist in any format"

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Tue Apr 17 03:44:35 MST 2007

Philippe Lindheimer wrote:

> I've seen this before, in an ISDN card (can't recall which one) that
> defaults the incoming language to german.

How does this work?  my misdn.conf has 'language=en'.

> Since you don't have german, it defaults to english files but
> voicemail still runs through the german logic (e.g. 1F for femail).

Are you saying that the voicemail got left with language=de (somehow),
and that it's looking for German language-files when I try to play it
back?

> I reported a bug against this, it was silently killing the call - no
> error handling.

Yep, that's what happens. The playback just stops.

> I suggested that they check if the desired language is installed and
> if not, that
> within the app the 'temporarily change' the language to english so
> that it doesn't go off looking for sound files that are not there. I
> can't recall the bug number - but they didn't feel it was a reasonable
> approach ... different opinions I guess, they decided the behavior was
> accetable.

I'll have a look around for that.

/Per Jessen, Zürich