[asterisk-users] GETVARIABLE and IAX

Dominic Fox dominic.fox at digitalmail.com
Tue Apr 17 02:03:22 MST 2007

Hello,

I'm a developer writing FastAgi scripts to do Asterisk call handling.
One of the functions provided by these scripts is to collect call data
and write it into our own custom CDR tables. For SIP-based calls, for
example, we find it useful to capture the SIP call ID so that we can use
it to marry together the CDR and a wireshark log of the SIP and RTP
packets involved in the call.

I now have a requirement to do the same thing for IAX-based calls. Is
there an IAX equivalent to GETVARIABLE(SIP_HEADER(Call-ID)) that would
return the 15-bit Call Number(s?) for the IAX streams involved in the
call? Are there any IAX-specific variables at all that can be accessed
via GETVARIABLE (or some alternative method)?

Best wishes,
Dominic Fox