[asterisk-users] moving from asterisk1.2 to asterisk1.4

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 09:33:59 MST 2007

Hi Victor -

> I'm moving from Asterisk 1.2 to Asterisk 1.4.0-beta3. I'm just
> configuring an extension associated to an external sip-based voip
> service provider in order to be able to initiate/rcv pstn calls.
> Is there any relevant issue when moving from v1.2 to v1.4? Maybe
> something related to sip.conf/type variable?
> I'm only configuring sip.conf and extensions.conf config files.

You really don't want to run 1.4.0-beta3.  Is there any reason you
would not run 1.4.2?    There have been many, many bug fixes since
1.4.0-beta3.

There is a file called "UPGRADE.txt" in the asterisk source code that
lists relevant changes between 1.2.x and 1.4.x.  You may want to read
that.  The sample sip.conf file also has a great deal of information.

- Noah