[asterisk-users] Voicemail: How to send a notification even if Caller does not let any messages?

Jean-Marc Salsa jsalsa at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 07:50:52 MST 2007

Hi,
First, sorry to repost, As I didn't get any replies, maybe this time, I will
get more lucky.

I was wondering if there was a way in Asterisk (agi script, asterisk-itself,
whatever ... ) to send a notification to the user (Mail, SMS like voicemail
application is doing) if the user has called, but did not leave any messages?

I tried to use the "minmessage", but, couldn't. Is that the way ?
I was thinking of using the "h" Dialplan, and launch some script, but then,
how to know if caller has left a message or not ?
I wouldn't like to send 2 messages to the user.

Thanks for your help !

Jean-Marc