[asterisk-users] Polycom 501 issue with latest firmware: sluggishkeys - new info

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 09:21:07 MST 2007

Hi All -

> >> Got off the phone with Polycom on this .... I have the same
> >> problem with
> >> my new 601 phone here (haven't seen the problem on the 650).
> >
> > I am using an IP650 with the latest firmware (and the corresponding
> > sip.cfg file) and I have seen this behavior. It is most noticeable
> > when
> > on-hook dialing, where I will dial two or three digits and then press
> > the fourth digit and nothing appears on the display for 1-2 seconds
> > for
> > that keypress.
>
> I am using new files with my 601/sidecar
>
> I have the issue and agree with Kevin, though I do mostly use it on
> hook. I have also noticed the end call or speakerphone button to be
> inoperative at times. It definately appears they have a bug and are
> not reading keypress in a timely fashion. I have also notice the
> sidecar has resumed its frequent rebooting again, had died down
> somewhat with the 2.0 code stream, but is back more often now with
> the 2.1. The phone is fine, but the sidecar will reboot randomly -
> whether idle or on a call.

I've been running all versions of the firmware and haven't seen this
at all, but maybe we can help ourselves and Polycom and try to narrow
down the possible causes.   The two possible causes that I can see 1)
Some phones were part of a bad hardware run, or 2) the people who are
seeing this problem are running a particular feature on the phone that
is using buggy code.  Is there a 3)?

I'll wager on 2).  If that's true, maybe we can narrow it down to the
particular feature that's causing the problem.  Aside from some custom
Alert Info's and button remapping, my configuration is pretty stock.
I haven't been using Presence, or buddy watching, or shared lines.  Is
there anyone else using any of these or any other "special" features
that has this issue?  Is there any commonality that we can establish?

- Noah