[asterisk-users] Fax with Asterisk + Hylafax

Jose Limeres jlimeres at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 13:50:14 MST 2007

I searched extensively on this and did not find anything conclusive except
the general understanding that on TDM cards every instalation is different
whereas for BRI /PRI it should work.

As for the config, Asterisk just works perfectly well with voice
conversations over the FXO line. I add one IAX extension in * for the
IAXModem and then in the IAXmodem configure the default modem as the one
that is registered in *. If I make a Fax call to my mobile, it rings and I
can hear the Fax on the other side. So, the problem I believe is in the
negotiation/sinchronization where something is broken at some point.

I would like to know wether it is possible to solve this adjusting some
parameter in some config file or I should just forget it and use a digital
line instead.

Thanks,
Jose L.

    -- Accepting AUTHENTICATED call from 127.0.0.1:
       > requested format = slin,
       > requested prefs = (),
       > actual format = alaw,
       > host prefs = (alaw),
       > priority = mine
    -- Executing [956855858 at default:1] Dial("IAX2/200-1",
"Zap/g1/956855858") in new stack
    -- Called g1/956855858
    -- Zap/4-1 answered IAX2/200-1
    -- Hungup 'Zap/4-1'
  == Spawn extension (default, 956855858, 1) exited non-zero on 'IAX2/200-1'
    -- Hungup 'IAX2/200-1'

> faxstat -s
JID    Pri    S    Owner    Number         Pages    Dials     TTS
Status
35     126  S    root         956855858    0:1          1:12       11.19
No carrier detected