[asterisk-users] DISABLE 9?

f6hqz-m at hamwlan.net f6hqz-m at hamwlan.net
Sun Apr 15 05:57:46 MST 2007

Hello again,

They are many Asterisk servers outside of the US that use a different
national plan...
Here, in France, we are using _0ZXXXXXXXX for fixed national telephones
lines, including _06XXXXXXXX for national mobiles, _08XXXXXXXX special
(often higher) price calls, _00Z. For international calls, and few _XX and
_XXXX as specific services as Police, Firemen, our historical TELCO, some
"data only" destinations, etc...

Near all modern ATA, gateways, IP-Phones, Softphones are using delay before
to send the complete numbered destination.
The only problem could be a not so well built dialplan if you are using also
legacy analog telephones behind Asterisk's FXS interfaces.

What I was tempting to explain before (sorry if I was not so clear) is that
it's possible to do as one wants, depending the target or volontee. This is
why Asterisk is so powerfull and what I love it (realy)  ;-)
This was not to start a flamme war, sorry !

PS : hello to my friend Wilson !

Best Regards,
Francois BERGERET,
France.