[asterisk-users] Presence on Polycom 301 partially broke?

David W. Rice rice at lexingtonitconsulting.com
Sat Apr 14 15:11:09 MST 2007

Hi all-

Equipment:

Xlite softphone

Polycom 301 with SIP 2.1.1 and BootROM 3.2.3

Polycom 501 with SIP 2.1.1 and BootROM 3.2.3

Asterisk 1.4.2

SIP Trunk to FWD

I wanted to post this problem as I haven't found it described in any of
the past presence threads on here.

I use an identical configs for a Polycom 501 and 301.  (I actually
unplug one when the other is in use).  The only difference between the
two is that the different <mac>.cfg and <mac>-directory.cfg have
different MAC addresses.

On the 501, presence works fine under the "Buddy Status" screen and when
a Contact is put as a speed dial on a line key, the icon next to the
line key changes correctly depending on the buddy's status.

On the 301, presence works fine under the "Buddy Status" screen, but the
icon for the Contact when put as a speed dial on a line key remains the
"dial pad" icon no matter what the current status of the buddy is.

*The buddies ARE added to the contact list with the buddy watch enabled.

I have had a very experience Polycom/Asterisk person from the #asterisk
IRC channel recreate the problem.  I am wondering if anyone has seen
this and found a fix for it.  Or is it a known problem without a work
around?

I am doing the most basic config possible on the phones.  From the
default configuration, I change on the following:

sip.cfg:

voIpProt.server.1.address="192.168.0.34"

feature.1.enabled="1"

phone1.cfg:

reg.1.address="station1"

reg.1.label="101"

sip.conf

;Polycom Phone

 [station1]

disallow=all

allow=ulaw

allow=alaw

type=peer

context=internal

host=dynamic

dtmfmode=rfc2833

callerid="101" <101>

nat=no

qualify=yes

canreinvite=no

notifyringing=yes

notifyhold=yes

call-limit=99

;X-Lite softphone

[station2]

disallow=all

allow=ulaw

allow=alaw

type=peer

context=internal

host=dynamic

dtmfmode=rfc2833

callerid="102" <102>

nat=no

qualify=yes

canreinvite=no

notifyringing=yes

notifyhold=yes

mailbox=1234

call-limit=99

extensions.conf

[internal]

exten => 101,hint,SIP/station1

exten => 101,1,Dial(SIP/station1)

exten => 102,hint,SIP/station2

exten => 102,1,Dial(SIP/station2)

exten => yyyyyy,1,Dial(SIP/yyyyyy at fwd)  ;(yyyyyy is really a known fwd
number)

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

DR