[asterisk-users] What is your Backup Strategy?

Anthony Rodgers Anthony_Rodgers at dnv.org
Fri Apr 13 17:11:26 MST 2007

Hi Forrest,

This is very close to the option we use - we have 2 identical servers,
and keep the configs the same using Visual Sourcesafe to shadow all
changes on server1 to server2. Voicemail and other lib files are stored
on the spare server and exported to the primary server using NFS.

If the primary server fails, DNS SRV records have the Polycom phones
failover to the spare server. We physically move the PRIs from one
server to the other.

--
Anthony Rodgers
Business Systems Analyst