[asterisk-users] Which SIP phones to buy?

Salvatore Giudice Salvatore.Giudice at VoIPSecurityTraining.com
Fri Apr 13 13:15:48 MST 2007

Product selection is not cut and dry. What are your business requirements?

So you need encryption? If so, what kind?
Do they need support for outbound proxies?
Are you going to use the same model for remote deployments?
Do you need WAP capabilities?
Do you need programmable speed dials?
Do you need modular admin sidecars?
Do you need IPSEC capabilities built into the handset?
Do you need advanced/specific codec support?
Do you need guaranteed interoperability with specific vendor supplied
components?
Are you looking for a phone for 10 people, 100 people, or 10000 people? If
you are scaling, what does your provisioning system look like?
Do you need phone features like video or quality speaker phone?
What is your budget for phones?
Do you need an RTCP capable handset?
Do you need a handset that support 802.11p for QoS?

The more specific you can get about your business requirements, the better
targeted your product selection will be.

Salvatore Giudice
Salvatore.Giudice at VoIPSecurityTraining.com

VoIP Security Training, LLC
http://VoIPSecurityTraining.com

848 N. Rainbow Blvd. #1676
Las Vegas, NV 89107