[asterisk-users] Polycom 301 questions

Stephen Bosch posting at vodacomm.ca
Wed Apr 11 19:48:52 MST 2007

Lee Jenkins wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just purchased a Polycom 301 for my home office and I believe I have
> it setup correctly as I can dial out, receive calls in, etc.  However,
> I'm having the following issue:
>
> When calling a local number over a Zap line, I hear a lot of feed back
> on the line.  I had a Grandstream configured with the same information
> before I got the 301 and never had that kind of feedback noise.

Feedback? As in high-pitched squealing?

I can't imagine any circumstance under which a SIP phone would even
allow feedback.

Maybe you mean echo?

You might also be talking about sidetone, which is the portion of your
own voice that the phone pipes back to you so that you can adjust your
voice accordingly.

Sidetone can be set in the phone configuration; before you do that,
though, I need to know what you mean by feedback.

-Stephen-