[asterisk-users] What is your Backup Strategy?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Apr 11 17:20:41 MST 2007

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007, Andrew Joakimsen said something to this effect:

> Now you said you had two machines with the same dialplans. What happens
> when you go into fail over an someone leaves a voice message and it gets
> stuck on the other server?

   I would agree strongly.  This is why I favour either a Linux
high-availability cluster (HA & heartbeat) setup, or some kind of
intermediate storage layer for more sophisticated messaging systems
that is replicated and which all the nodes can access uniformly.

--
Alex Balashov <sasha at presidium.org>