[asterisk-users] GTalk and No Audio Problem

Tobias Wolf tobias.wolf at evision.de
Wed Apr 11 08:23:37 MST 2007

Hi,

i've been trying to connect Asterisk with Google Talk such as some
others have tried. Therefor i followed the instructions on
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+Google+Talk

I took the latest version of asterisk from trunk. My Asterisk server is
not NATed but the Google Talk Client is.

Signalling a call is no problem, but after the call is set up, no audio
is passed. I can see a lot of STUN output such as:

STUN Packet, msg Binding Response (0101), length: 48
Found STUN Attribute Username (0006), length 32
Found STUN Attribute Mapped Address (0001), length 8
Ignoring STUN attribute Mapped Address (0001), length 8
Dunno what to do with STUN message 0101 (Binding Response)

and no RTP packets are arriving at my client.

I have read these bugs that seem to be related:
8193
9401
7686

on http://bugs.digium.com

i have tried the various patches that claimed to solve the NAT/STUN
problem, so that the rtp packages are routed correctly.

What i want to know is the following. I have seen one or two messages
from people who claim to have sccessfully audio between asterisk and an
gtalk client.

It would be very nice, if one of them could share some information how
exactly they have done it and with what setup. Don't let us stay in the
rain ;)

Thanks for you help,

Tobias Wolf