[asterisk-users] Nagios asterisk monitoring

voip crazy voipcrazy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 01:38:14 MST 2007

Dear list,

I am trying to configure the nagios plugin called check_sip. I just read the
README file included with the plugin. I follow the readme steps to configure
the plugin, without success. In the  nagios web interface I can see (No
output!) In the status information column. If I run the chech_sip plugin
from a linux console, I get
/usr/local/nagios/libexec# ./check_sip -u sip:108 at 192.168.30.10
SIP 200 OK: 0.00 second response time

I do not know why If I run the plugin from the consle it works ok, but if I
run it from Nagios web interface it does not run.

Anyone are using this plugin?
Could you helpme to solve that?
Any clue will be appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

VoipCrazy

Here goes my nagios check_sip plugin configuration.

define command{
       command_name    check_sip
       command_line    $USER1$/check_sip -u $ARG1$ -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -w 5
       }

define service{
       host_name                       -PBX
       service_description             SIP test
       check_command                   check_sip!sip:108 at 192.168.30.10
       contact_groups                  admins
       max_check_attempts              4
       normal_check_interval           5
       retry_check_interval            1