[asterisk-users] adding chan_celliax

Patricio Valarezo Lozano patovala at pupilabox.net.ec
Mon Apr 9 14:41:42 MST 2007

Giovanni Maruzzelli wrote:

> I was unaware of that build, thanks Tzafrir!
>
> But it seems old...
>
> You can download the current complete sources with:
>
> svn checkout http://www.celliax.org:8081/svn/celliax/branches/test1 test1
>
> or you can download a livecd from www.celliax.org and test it without
> install anything.
>
> For compiling yourself you actually just need the files that build
> chan_celliax, that you find in test1/celliax_stuff/ (chan_celliax.c
> chan_celliax_spandsp.c chan_celliax_spandsp.h) and to modify the
> channels/Makefile
>
> And, of course, the configuration files (particularly celliax.conf)
> that you find in celliax_stuff/newconfigs/*.
>
> So, if you would better like to compile with the asterisk-dev
> packages, just download the svn sources as told, put those three files
> in the asterisk/channels directory and modify the
> asterisk/channels/Makefile.
>
> Anyway, if you download and build directly from the svn sources (just
> "make install" from the test1/asterisk-1.2.17 directory), it will put
> all the stuff in /usr/local/asterisk,
> /usr/local/asterisk/etc/asterisk/*.conf,
> /usr/local/asterisk/usr/sbin/*, etc, so it will not clutter your
> computer and other existing asterisk installations (you will have to
> remove just the /usr/local/asterisk directory).
>
> The test1 branch of the svn is the latest and greatest, but do not yet
> support skype and alsavoicemodems.
> The trunk of the svn supports skype and alsavoicemodems, but... ;-)
>
> Giovanni

Hi, thanks a lot for your directions, I've downloaded the svn from
celliax, but i wasn't aware than these sources are the full asterisk
sources including asterisk and chan_celliax. So, i thinks than it's a
good idea to compile the sources, build a deb and forget about the
debian official deb. Is that right or there is a more debian way to add
this channel to the debian release.

thanks a lot

--
patoVala