[asterisk-users] adding chan_celliax

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz.lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 17:34:51 MST 2007

I was unaware of that build, thanks Tzafrir!

But it seems old...

You can download the current complete sources with:

svn checkout http://www.celliax.org:8081/svn/celliax/branches/test1 test1

or you can download a livecd from www.celliax.org and test it without
install anything.

For compiling yourself you actually just need the files that build
chan_celliax, that you find in test1/celliax_stuff/ (chan_celliax.c
chan_celliax_spandsp.c chan_celliax_spandsp.h) and to modify the
channels/Makefile

And, of course, the configuration files (particularly celliax.conf)
that you find in celliax_stuff/newconfigs/*.

So, if you would better like to compile with the asterisk-dev
packages, just download the svn sources as told, put those three files
in the asterisk/channels directory and modify the
asterisk/channels/Makefile.

Anyway, if you download and build directly from the svn sources (just
"make install" from the test1/asterisk-1.2.17 directory), it will put
all the stuff in /usr/local/asterisk,
/usr/local/asterisk/etc/asterisk/*.conf,
/usr/local/asterisk/usr/sbin/*, etc, so it will not clutter your
computer and other existing asterisk installations (you will have to
remove just the /usr/local/asterisk directory).

The test1 branch of the svn is the latest and greatest, but do not yet
support skype and alsavoicemodems.
The trunk of the svn supports skype and alsavoicemodems, but... ;-)

Giovanni