[asterisk-users] Reverse-ATA : Using PSTN lines to connect toAsterisk

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Apr 10 08:58:07 MST 2007

Mike,

No, not necessarily.  There are plenty of off-the-shelf IP PBX units, and
some of them are not expensive at all.  I heard somewhere Linksys makes one
for about $500 and it can amply serve a small office.  Should be enough for
your purposes.  Either way, it'd be immensely cheaper than buying a PC,
installing Linux, throwing Asterisk on it, setting it up manually, even if
you manage to find a way to replicate and scale some of those processes.

Unfortunately, I'm not a very good market researcher.  :(

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov <sasha at presidium.org>