[asterisk-users] HPEC audio clipping

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Fri Apr 6 05:09:15 MST 2007

Michael Boers wrote:
> I have recently moved an asterisk system to a new location.  This location
> is experiencing terrible echo.  I installed the HPEC from Digium but that
> has caused a new problem.
>
> When HPEC is enabled and more that 16 taps are used, the audio from the
> outside caller gets clipped.  Instead of hearing:
>
> Hello, my name is Mike
>
> one hears
>
> He  o, m  ame    ike

I am experiencing the same thing.  I assumed that I just didn't have a
fast enough CPU (2.4 Ghz Celeron Ghz, also tried on a 1.8 Ghz Pentium
4).  I am using a T400P with an Adtran TA750 Channel Bank rather than
the Digium analog cards.  I'm not doing any VoIP on this system,
strictly analog and I get echo on calls.