[asterisk-users] BeroNet HFC-4S card is now detected as only 2 ports

Karsten Wemheuer kwem at gmx.de
Fri Apr 6 04:14:46 MST 2007

On Fri, Apr 06, 2007 Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 06, 2007 at 01:18:24AM +0200, Henrik Woffinden wrote:
> > Hello list,
> >
> > After upgrading from BRIstuff 1y-b to 1y-e my ISDN card is suddently
> > detected as 2 ports instead of 4.
> >
> > I still load the driver as "modprobe qozap ports=12" as I've always
> > done. But now it only sees 2 ports.
> > Output of "lspci -vvv"

And have a look at code parts where the hex constant 0xb5xx is
mentioned. This part of the code differentiate between 2-, 4- and 8-port
cards (and between the rev. 2.0 of the hardware).

I found this values:
Card			Junghanns	Beronet
2-Port			0xb556		0xb566
4-Port			0xb520		0xb560
4-Port, Rev. 2.0	0xb550		????
8-Port			0xb552		0xb562
8-Port, Rev. 2.0	0xb55b		0xb56b

Looks like You are using 4-Port Beronet with old Hardware-Revision. I
think the if clauses with the PCI-Ids fall through to some defaults
which now doesn't work for Your card. The "pure" bristuff does not
support any of the beronet cards but the old default behaviour of the
code is correct for the 4 port model of beronet cards.

Btw: Does someone know the PCI-ID of 4-port Beronet Rev. 2.0?

Have nice easter weekend,

Karsten