[asterisk-users] ZAP device reference in Zaptel 1.4 - SIMILAR

bram kortleven bram at antwerpen.be
Thu Apr 5 22:58:06 MST 2007

I used the packages that were mentioned and have a link on the main website and www.asterisk.org/download
I thought these were ok for production/use...

I just compiled 1.4.1 (./configure and make, no make install) and copied the chan_zap.so module into /usr/lib/asterisk/modules, restarted asterisk (the 'old' 1.4.2) and it seems to work now. zap show channels gives me one channel, and that's correct, and when dialing in, the cli gives me status on the channel and the incoming calls...

I just wanted to let you guys know how I resolved it (for now), and see if anyone knows when they are/were going to fix this issue? (1.4.3 or 1.4.2.x??)

Thanks for the help!!

Bram

On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 11:51:21PM +0200, bram kortleven wrote:

> > Well, I'm experiencing a similar problem with my setup... debian etch,
> > asterisk 1.4.2, zaptel 1.4.1, ... I cannot find the chan_zap.so module
> > file anywhere, tried recompiling with zaptel 1.4.0... no change... I
> > tried 'make menuselect', and going to the channels-part, chan_zap is
> > marked XXX -> dependencies missing: and this is the message for it, as
> > an explanation. Zapata Telephony Depends on: zaptel_vldtmf(E),
> > zaptel(E), tonezone(E) Can use: pri Anyone any idea how to resolve

Do you use the packages from Experimental? If so: indeed some of them
were lacking chan_zap.so . Hwever that shoul have been fixed on the
latest version (through a build-dependency on zaptel >= 1.4.1 )

-- Tzafrir Cohen icq#16849755 jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org +972-50-7952406
mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com http://www.xorcom.com
iax:guest at local.xorcom.com/tzafrir ------------------------------