[asterisk-users] IAX2 threads

David Ruggles david at safedatausa.com
Thu Apr 5 12:57:12 MST 2007

I've been running an asterisk box that is routing an average of 9
simultaneous calls between a PRI and five asterisk boxes via IAX. After
having it run for about five hours I had a spate of these error messages:
Out of idle IAX2 threads for I/O, pausing!

And then they went away. The only references I can find on google for this
error message are in the source. What does this mean and if it's a problem
what should I be looking for to diagnose the cause?

TIA

Thanks,

David Ruggles
CCNA MCSE (NT) CNA A+