[asterisk-users] Polycom and Asterisk

Kenneth Padgett kenneth.padgett at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 09:14:36 MST 2007

> > It's good
> > to know Polycom has anti-competitive business practices. I also
> > dislike that they refuse to give out anything but old firmware
> > versions too.
>
> They could do a lot to improve their relationships with their public :(

I second that!

I like the 501 and 601 phones I have, and they came highly
recommended, but I really hate having to nag my original vendor for
firmware. They've been responsive and helpful to my requests for
firmware, but I just think it's annoying that I can't goto polycom and
download it. I don't understand why it's so super secretive and why
dealing with them has to be highly cryptic. I've never dealt with
Polycom directly, I guess that's what they want and why they are the
way they are.

-Kenneth