[asterisk-users] SDP bug

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Apr 5 07:37:11 MST 2007

5 apr 2007 kl. 13.04 skrev Raj Jain:

> Regarding project Pineapple, I'm curious why rewrite (or refactor)
> the SIP stack instead of using an open-source one. Did your
> research show that there is nothing viable out there that'll fit
> well w/in Asterisk? OpenPBX community is talking about using Sofia-
> SIP stack, for instance.

Well, tests show that ours isn't that bad from an interoperability
standpoint. Two years ago, I was convinced
that it was the only way to go. I still haven't ruled it out though.
I admit that there are a lot of picky stuff we don't
support, but so far we interoperate with most products out there
successfully. It's way better now than when I
started working with chan_sip.

I have been in contact with many SIP stack developers, and there are
things we need to do that is hard to
do without having to change their stack. And also, many stacks have
incompatible licenses, which rules
them out.

Regardless, pineapple is much more than the lower layer stack. Check
http://www.codename-pineapple.org
and you will see that it's a lot about changing the concepts and how
we interface SIP to the core PBX too.

Due to lack of enough sponsors in the community, I have to postpone
the project. Hopefully I can get it going
later this year, but right now I have to focus on other projects. If
there are interested sponsors out there,
please send me an e-mail.

/O